Thursday, December 22, 2011

Lima Days 1-2

Living in Lima is like practicing for the Primal Blueprint diet where Mark Sisson describes the best exercise as low intensity exercise like walking while mixing in a few sprints.  In Lima cars don't stop for you as you cross the street.  So you end up walking a lot and sprinting from curb to curb.   It's no joke here (I think the worst place I've seen is still Cario where people successfully cross freeways on a daily basis).

My parents live in the San Isidro district know for it's fine Italian dining.  I haven't had any of the Italian food here yet, but I did check out some menus the other day.  The cuisine here is taking on Italian in a new way - fusion this and fusion that.  The most interesting one I've seen was Japanese Italian fusion.  Didn't look appetizing, but I think I may have to try it.  

I challenged myself once already by eating beef heart.  See video.  I've never had beef heart.  I always thought I could do Fear Factor, but I'm not cut out for it.  I had a difficult time with the heart.  It was cooked well, seasoned well and tasted just fine, but the idea got to me.

Pisco sour is their national drink.  I'm not a big fan of it.  Tastes like margarita mix, probably cuz it's a lime/simple sugar concoction mostly.  I've gravitated to Cusqueno beer.  Lite taste and pretty cheap.  Seems to be the beer of choice.

~